The quickest way to become an affiliate marketer is to set up a blog site. This method means that you don't need to learn how to write websites or use a complex programme like Dreamweaver. All you need to do is install free blog software like WordPress and then either download a free blog theme or pay for a more professional looking theme (around $50).
These are the steps you need to follow to set up an affiliate marketing blog:
- Decide on your topic. This should be something you are passionate about but should also have a large number of product that you can promote
- Decide on a domain name. Try and get one that's short, simple, catchy and relevant. When you find a great name that's available you may want to buy its.net and.org equivalent.
- Get a host for your domain. There are thousands of hosting companies. Preferably you should choose one that had a good bandwidth allowance and comes with cPanel. You should aim to spend $5-$10 per month on this.
- If you went for a host with cPanel, the process of installing a WordPress blog is very easy. You simply go onto the cPanel menus and find 'install WordPress blog'. Everything else is automatic. The host will inform you when WP has been successfully installed on your account
- Next you need to choose a pre-designed theme for your site. The WordPress website has thousands of free themes available to download. Just be aware that there have been reports that some of these free themes have carried viruses etc. If your willing to spend $50-$70 you can get yourself a really nice looking theme. I would recommend this as not only do these themes look better but they work much more efficiently as well and usually come optimised for the search engines
- Start writing content for your site. In other words, start writing blog posts. Divide your posts into different categories using the WordPress category tool.
- Create a custom logo or header and arrange the menus and widgets to optimise the website visuals. You could design the logo yourself using a programme like Photoshop or you could get a graphic designer to do it for you. Either way, it's the one thing that's going to make your site look really unique
- Sign up to some affiliate networks like ClickBank and Commission Junction. Select relevant programmes and copy the links into your articles.
- Up until now nobody really knows about your website so you wont have many visitors if any at all. You now need to get out and market your website. There are a number of different strategies you can employ to drive traffic to your website e.g article marketing, forum posting etc etc.
- To really give yourself a head start in Affiliate Marketing, I recommend that you download and read an affiliate handbook from one of the industries leading experts. You can find a list of the 2011 top affiliate handbooks by following the link below
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6160700
Its a difficult task to undertake but what I've tried to do is to identify who's published the most popular affiliate handbook. I've searched through forums for peoples recommendations and this is what I've come up with. Here's a Link to a review of the top 3 affiliate experts of 2011: ExpertsCompared.com